Four Views of the End Times
What does the Bible say about the times leading to the return of Jesus? The major views on the end times that can divide Christians are examined in Four Views of the End Times, which can be read in 30 minutes or less. This fascinating book shows four different Revelation timelines and diagrams, a definition of the end time views, supporting Scriptures, and a sampling of Christian leaders supporting the view.
Four Views of the End Times addresses end time eschatology, outlining the four major views regarding events leading up to the second coming of Christ. Below is the outline applied to each of the views with several examples:
- What is emphasized by each end time view
- Which Scripture references are used to support the position
- The time period for the view's popularity; for example: Dispensational Premillennialism - Gained acceptance in the 1800's and is still widespread Historic Premillennialism - The earliest view following the time of the apostles Amillennialism - Emerged in the 5th century; championed by St. Augustine Postmillennialism - Became popular in the 1800's but decreased in the early 1900's
- A timeline showing the order of events held by each view
- A sampling of Christian leaders sharing the viewpoint: Dispensational Premillennialism - Dr. Charles Stanley, Rev. Tim Lahaye, Hal Lindsay Historic Premillennialism - Justin Martyr, John Warwick Montgomery Amillennialism - Martin Luther, John Calvin Postmillennialism - Jonathan Edwards, R.C. Sproul
Four Views of the End Times presents each viewpoint in an easy to understand way and includes a list of terms and definitions, including:
- Church age
- The Great Tribulation
Four Views of the End Times is a "must-have" for anyone who is interested in the end times and the return of Jesus.