100 Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus
100 Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus is an book that speaks to the very heart of the hope found in Christ, our Messiah. It's amazing to discover that Jesus fulfilled more than 100 prophecies foretold 400–1,500 years before his birth. This book arranges prophecies into those related to Jesus' birth, life, ministry, death, and resurrection.
100 Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus is organized in a helpful chart format that presents each Old Testament prophecy, along with the New Testament fulfillment. The prophecies are divided into those regarding "Jesus' Birth," "Jesus' Life and Ministry," and "Jesus' Death and Resurrection." Also included are "Jesus' Titles and Attributes" mentioned in both Old and New Testaments. This book makes an excellent Bible study or reference tool and helps you share the amazing story of the Old Testament's promise of the Messiah's coming with the glorious New Testament fulfillment.
Below are several examples of the information found in 100 Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus:
- Prophecy: Be of the tribe of Judah
- Old Testament References: Genesis 49:8-10, "Judah, your brothers will praise you . . . The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the ruler's staff from between his feet, until he comes to whom it belongs and the obedience of the nations is his."
- New Testament Fulfillment: Matthew 1:13, "A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son of David, the son of Abraham . . . Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers, Judah the father of Perez and Zerah
Jesus' Life and Ministry
- Prophecy: The King comes to Jerusalem riding on a donkey
- Old Testament References: Zechariah 9:9, "See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey."
- New Testament Fulfillment: Mark l1:1-10, "When they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their cloaks over it, he sat on it . . ."
Jesus' Death and Resurrection
- Prophecy: Be hung upon a tree as a curse for us
- Old Testament References—Deuteronomy 21:33, "Be sure to bury him that same day, because anyone who is hung on a tree is under God's curse. You must not desecrate that land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance."
- New Testament Fulfillment—Galatians 3:13, "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written; "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."
Jesus' Titles and Attributes
- "I Am" (Jehovah)
- Old Testament Reference—Exodus: 3: 13-15
- New Testament Reference—John 8:24, 13:19
- "Seed of David"
- Old Testament Reference—Psalm 89: 3, 4
- New Testament Reference—John 7:42; Acts 13:22, 23
100 Prophecies Fulfilled By Jesus is a tremendous resource if you want to "dig deep" into the Word and discover how Jesus is the fulfillment of God's plan of salvation.