Christianity, Cults and Religions helps Christians
know what they believe and why. It helps clarify the
differences between various religions, cults, and religious
movements and makes a great study guide for small groups, personal
study, or Sunday school classes. A well-researched overview from a
Christian viewpoint, it contains basic charts that compare world
religions, cults and sects. Each world religion, sect, and/or cult
is condensed to 100 words for a quick overview. The book explains
the basics of the Christian faith and the differences between
Christianity and world religions and sects. It includes an optional
study guide for Bible studies and adult Sunday school classes.
General editor Paul Carden is executive director of the Centers for
Apologetics Research and former cohost of the Bible Answer
Man radio program.
World Religions Compared
- Theravada (path of the elders)
- Mahayana (greater vehicle)
- Vajrayana (diamond vehicle)
- Hare Krishna
- Shaivism (theistic rather than impersonalistic)
- Shaktism (devotion to Shakti or the divine mother)
- Vaishnavism (worship of Vishnu)
- Healthy, Happy, Holy (3HO)
- Radha Soami (Eckankar and MSIA Movement for Spiritual Inner
- Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
- Nation of Islam
- Taoism (Daoism)
- Transcendental Meditation (TM)
- Bahá’í World Faith
Christianity and Offshoots Compared
- Mormonism (Latter-day Saints or Mormons)
- Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Christian Science
- Unification Church (Sun Myung Moon)
- Unity School of Christianity
- New Age Movement
- Scientology (Dianetics)
Other Groups Compared
Religous Beliefs of World Religions and Cults
- Founder, Date, Location
- Authoritative Writings
- Who is God?
- Who is Jesus?
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What happens after death?
- How does one gain Salvation?
- Other beliefs and practices
Christianity, Cults and Religions Combines
- Christianity, Cults & the Occult
- Christianity & Eastern Religions
- Islam & Christianity
- 10 Questions and Answers on Jehovah’s Witnesses
- 10 Questions and Answers on Mormonism
- 10 Keys to Witnessing to Cults