Study the books of First and Second Samuel, beginning with
Samuel and ending with David's death. Some of the major ideas
explored are: God's holy purpose, the nature of sin, God's awesome
power, the gift of God's Spirit, obedience to God, the nature of
revelation, confidence in God, and politics and faith.
Leader Guide includes:
- A verse-by-verse, in-depth look at the Scriptures.
- Background material, including word studies and history of the
- Answers to questions asked in the Participant Book.
- Application of the Scripture to daily life situations.
- Discussion suggestions.
- A variety of study options.
- Practical tips for leaders to use.
More than 3.5 million copies of the series have been sold.
This revision of the Abingdon classic Genesis to Revelation
Series is a comprehensive, verse-by-verse, book-by-book study
of the Bible based on the NIV. These studies help readers
strengthen their understanding and appreciation of the Bible by
enabling them to engage the Scripture on three levels:
- What does the Bible say? Questions to consider while reading
the passage for each session.
- What does the passage mean? Unpacks key verses in the selected
- How does the Scripture relate to my life? Provides three major
ideas that have meaning for our lives today.
The meaning of the selected passages are made clear by
considering such aspects as ancient customs, locations of places,
and the meanings of words. The simple format makes the study easy
Updates will include:
- New cover designs.
- New interior designs.
- Leader Guide per matching Participant Book (rather than
multiple volumes in one book).
- Updated to 2011 revision of the New International Version
- Updated references to New Interpreters Dictionary of the
- Include biblical chapters on the contents page beside session
lesson titles for at-a-glance overview of biblical structure.
- Include larger divisions within the contents page to reflect
macro-structure of each biblical book. Ex: Genesis 1-11; Genesis
12-50; Exodus 1-15; Exodus 16-40; Isaiah 1-39; Isaiah 40-66.
The simple format makes the study easy to use. Each volume is 13