The trials of Job are legendary. One righteous man suffering so many calamities, so much heartache. But despite the fact that many have heard about Job and his trials, not many people truly understand what those trials were all about and what God was trying to accomplish through them. Job himself was confused about it all. What did I do to deserve such suffering? he cried out.
Eventually, though, through tough questions and unexpected answers from God, Job gained new insights on suffering, patience, and endurance. And, more importantly, he learned how deeply he was loved by God.
Sooner or later, we all go through our times of suffering and heartache, and the ancient story of Job offers timeless truth for us if we'll only listen. Now, in this illuminating study of Job's life, Charles Swindoll, in his trademark warm and insightful style, helps readers understand the key to developing heroic endurance.
Additional titles in the Great Lives Series include:
• Great Lives: David (0-8499-1382-9) $19.99
• Great Lives: Elijah (0-8499-1386-1) $21.99
• Great Lives: Esther (0-8499-1383-7) $19.99
• Great Lives: Joseph (0-8499-1342-X) $21.99
• Great Lives: Moses (0-8499-1385-3) $21.99
• Great Lives: Paul (0-8499-1749-2) $21.99